Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Inspired by Balenciaga etc.

My friend Ruta shared her program book from the Balenciaga exhibit.  I was so intrigued with the hand stitched (embroideried) buttonholes on the black silk ottoman coat.  I am trying to make some that are similar.  I have a top that is ready for buttonholes and I would love to add these to the top. 

My seven year old granddaughter has been with me this week and with me she watched intently the jeans fitting webcast by Peggy Sagers.  She is inspired for Nana to fit her a pair of jeans.  That will be an upcoming project.  I got some great denim from Peggy at Expo and she has some on hand now.  It is a great weight and is 100% cotton.  Finding a great weight in denim is challenging.  If you need or want denim you may want to order some now.

I just got some laminated linen for a trench coat from Linda Lee at sewing workshop....I can't wait to get started on that project.

No comments:

Post a Comment